Guitar Hero Aerosmith is by Activision and Neversoft. It was released on June 29th 2008 for U.S.. It takes the player through the history of the band Aerosmith, and stopping off at real tour spots they went, like The Super Bowl in 2001.
All modes which appeared in Guitar Hero III return, except for Co-Op Career. The original Co-op mode was brought back, though. Menus have been re-designed to suit the Aerosmith theme to the game. The shop has also been renamed as The Vault.
Achievements for Xbox 360 versions are named after songs by Aerosmith.
A departure from the other games, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith follows the career of Aerosmith. At first, players start each tier as two opening acts, which the band from previous titles play as, with a Rhythm Guitarist added. After finishing the songs, the audience demands the namesake band (similar to encore demands in previous titles), and then the players perform two more songs as Aerosmith. Once THAT is completed, players must perform an encore as Aerosmith.
In the last tier, before Aerosmith is called onto the stage, Joe Perry challenges the player (as a different Guitar Hero) to a Guitar Battle.
There are six tiers stages in the game.
- Getting the Band Together (Nipmuc High School)
- First Taste of Success (Max's Kansas City)
- The Triumphant Return (The Orpheum)
- International Superstars (Moscow)
- The Great American Rock Band (Half-Time Show)
- Rock n' Roll Legends (Rock & Roll Hall of Fame)
Characters from Guitar Hero III will return, as opening acts, with new costumes based on the Guitar Hero III ones.
New characters include Joe Perry (guitarist), Tom Hamilton (bassist), Brad Whitford (guitarist) and DMC (of Run-D.M.C). All four are unlockable, and are actual guitarists. Their real-life counterparts did motion capture exclusively for the game.
- Steven Tyler – lead vocals
- Joe Perry – guitar, backing vocals
- Brad Whitford – guitar
- Tom Hamilton – bass
- Joey Kramer – drums
- "Joan Jett" - vocals, guitar
- "Kenny Laguna" - keyboards, vocals
- "Dougie Needles" - guitar, backing vocals
- "Enzo" - bass, back vocals
- "Thommy Price" - drums, percussion, backing vocals
- If you create a band and choose "Aerosmith" as the name, you can go straight to Moscow.
- If you use the Unlocked All Songs cheat, the song Pandora's Box isn't unlocked.
- This is 1 of the 2 games(The other being Guitar Hero: Metallica) that is rated M in Australia compared to the usual PG Rating (Except Band Hero which is rated G)
- This is the only game where songs that are covered have the artist who covered the song plus who did the song orignaly
|Games of Guitar Hero|
|Guitar Hero - Guitar Hero II - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - Guitar Hero World Tour - Guitar Hero 5 - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock - Guitar Hero Live|
|Aerosmith - Metallica - Van Halen|
|Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s - Guitar Hero Arcade - Guitar Hero: Smash Hits - Band Hero|
|Guitar Hero: On Tour - Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades - Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits|
|Guitar Hero Mobile - Guitar Hero III Backstage Pass - Guitar Hero World Tour Mobile - Guitar Hero Carabiner - Air Guitar Hero Rocker - Guitar Hero (iOS) - Guitar Hero Live|
|Guitar Hero I & II Dual Pack (PS2) - Guitar Hero II & Aerosmith Dual Pack (Xbox 360) - Guitar Hero: On Tour & On Tour: Decades Box Set (NDS) - Guitar Hero III & Aerosmith Dual Pack (Wii)|