Hello, I am NejiHyuga900/TDPNeji and I am currently a staff of the Guitar Hero Wikia. I am a professional, master-like Guitar Hero player (if not God-like) and I don't really play Rock Band games.
I do own an Xbox 360 and I have most Guitar Hero games for it (I no longer have my Xbox 360 and all of my Xbox 360 games were sold) but I do own a few Guitar Hero: On Tour games for Nintendo DS.
Besides here, I am also an admin at the Ninja Saga Wiki but I quit playing Ninja Saga so I am no longer editing that Wiki (actually, I will at occasional points to see how that Wiki is doing). But I'm very well active on the Zatch Bell Wiki as a regular user.
So far, I haven't done much major edits in this Wikia, despite my title as a staff member, but I do some minor edits in pages like grammar errors, spelling errors, punctuation errors, etc.
I don't really play Guitar Hero these days anymore on my Xbox 360 but I do occasionally. Instead, I have been mostly playing Phase Shift (website) which is an awesome Guitar Hero/Rock Band-like rhythm indie game for Windows. And I also have been playing Guitar Hero Live almost daily on my Wii U. GHTV mode is pretty addicting.
My Guitar Hero gamesEdit
Guitar Hero games ownedEdit
Here are a list of Guitar Hero games I own or used to owned (even though I don't have them anymore, I do have their setlists for Phase Shift).
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (X360, PC) - X360 Sold
- Guitar Hero III+ (PC fan mod)
- Guitar Hero World Tour (X360) - Thrown away (disc no longer worked)
- Guitar Hero: On Tour (NDS)
- Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades (NDS)
- Guitar Hero: Metallica (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero 5 (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero (iOS)
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero Live (Wii U, iOS) - I can't play the iOS version unless if I get a newer iOS model.
Related games ownedEdit
Other rhythm-based games that plays like Guitar Hero that I own or have installed.
- Clone Hero (PC) - Will eventually be my new main method of playing Guitar Hero but I will be charting for this game in addition to Phase Shift along with a separate chart for GHL-styled notes.
- Guitar Flash (Android)
- Guitar Hero - PC Edition (PC) - Discontinued
- GHPCED2 Beta (PC) - Canceled - I was a game tester and charter for this game.
- Guitar Rock Tour (DSiWare)
- Phase Shift (PC) - My main method of playing Guitar Hero.
- Rock Band (iOS)
- Rock Band (X360) - Sold
- Rock Band 2 (X360) - Special Edition bundle (sold game, kept the instruments)
- Tap Tap Revenge 3 (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge 4 (iOS) (w/ TTR: Metallica's content)
- Tap Tap Revenge Tour (iOS)
Other Guitar Hero games I played included games that are like Guitar Hero, that I currently don't own.
- Band Hero (Demo version; X360)
- Flash Hero (Online Flash Game; doesn't work on modern Java updates)
- Frets on Fire (Downloadable; PC)
- FoFiX (Downloadable; PC) - Also known as "Frets on Fire X"
- Freetar Hero (Downloadable; PC)
- Guitar Hero (PS2) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero II (PS2 & X360) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades (NDS)
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PS2) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen (X360) - Used to own (as a GH5 promo)
- Tap Tap Revenge (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge 2 (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge: Metallica (iOS)
- Guitar Rock Tour (iOS)
- Guitar Rock Tour 2 (iOS)
Guitar Hero skillsEdit
I am really good at Guitar Hero games. I am better at doing guitar solos rather than guitar rhythms in Guitar Hero like I shred. But in real life, I am a better rhythm guitarist than a lead guitarist. However, I suck at solos in the classic Guitar Hero games since HO/POs are harder to pull off in the earlier games created by Harmonix. This is why I don't play Rock Band games that much.
As for Guitar Hero Live, I also play on Expert. It took me at least a week to get used to the new button layout.
I currently own a wireless Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 Stratocaster guitar controller (main) and a wireless PlayStation 3 Guitar Hero World Tour guitar controller (secondary), both which I use on PC.
Just like Guitar, I am good at Bass, since Bass is easier than Guitar. I easily got the hang on open notes. My bass skills are the same as my Guitar skills like I easily dominate songs. Sometimes whenever I sightread a song (first seeing the notes of a song), I get 100 percent on it, until if I am in the farther down setlist.
Difficulty: Hard to Expert+
My skills on drums tends to be average. I am not a great drummer but drums are kind of fun. I can get rhythms right but what troubles me are bass notes that goes in between notes. I am not good at hitting the same note really fast with two drums going from red to blue to green or in reverse. It seems hard.
I currently play drums with Rock Band 2 drumkit with Rock Band 3 Pro Cymbals (and I do chart all of my Phase Shift customs with this drum format).
Difficulty: Hard to Expert
I am not good at singing, except singing Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica and DragonForce songs since I listen to them a lot. I always do Expert but I usually get 3 stars on songs on Expert all the time. I just make noise in the mic instead of singing because it would be easier for me to stay on pitch. I always thought that vocals was my weakest thing but I do a bit poorly on drums too. Whenever I play a solo band (with an instrument and vocals), I always set vocals to Beginner because it would be easier because it is hard to focus on two screens.
Phase Shift/Clone Hero note chartsEdit
I also make custom songs for Phase Shift and Clone Hero. They could be played in Guitar Hero III PC (with the plugins created by ExileLord) but I wouldn't recommend it because my songs use advanced note types and instruments.