Hello, I am ThunderDragonRandy, formerly NejiHyuga900/TDPNeji, and I am a staff of the WikiHero. I am a professional, master-like Guitar Hero player (but not God-like). The first Guitar Hero game I played was Guitar Hero II (PS2) at Best Buy. I collected most Guitar Hero games for my Xbox 360 when I had an Xbox 360 and I do own a few On Tour games for Nintendo DS and Guitar Hero Live for my Wii U, which I used to play daily until GHTV shut down.
So far, I haven't done much major edits in this Wikia, despite my title as a staff member, but I do some minor edits in pages like grammar errors, spelling errors, punctuation errors, etc.
My current way of playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band songs and custom songs is through Clone Hero. Here is my history for each Guitar Hero/Rock Band PC clone that I primarily used over the years:
- Frets on Fire & Freetar Hero (2007–2009, I alternated between the two but Frets on Fire was my first)
- FoFiX (2009–2011)
- Phase Shift (2011–2020)
- Clone Hero (2017–current, became my main in 2020)
My Guitar Hero games[edit | edit source]
Guitar Hero games owned[edit | edit source]
Here are a list of Guitar Hero games I own or used to owned (even though I don't have them anymore, I do have their setlists for Phase Shift/Clone Hero).
- Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (X360, PC) - X360 Sold
- Guitar Hero III+ (PC fan mod)
- Guitar Hero World Tour (X360) - Thrown away (disc no longer worked)
- Guitar Hero: On Tour (NDS)
- Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades (NDS)
- Guitar Hero: Metallica (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero 5 (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero (iOS)
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (X360) - Sold
- Guitar Hero Live (Wii U) - I also own the Xbox 360 dongle to use for Clone Hero
Related games owned[edit | edit source]
Other rhythm-based games that plays like Guitar Hero that I own or have installed.
- The Beatles: Rock Band (PS3)
- Clone Hero (PC) - My current main method of playing custom songs and GH/RB songs since 2020+.
- Guitar Flash (Android)
- Guitar Hero - PC Edition (PC) - Discontinued
- GHPCED2 Beta (PC) - Canceled - I was a game tester and charter for this game.
- Guitar Rock Tour (DSiWare)
- Phase Shift (PC) - My previous main method of playing custom songs and GH/RB songs from 2011–2020.
- Rock Band (iOS)
- Rock Band (X360) - Sold
- Rock Band 2 (X360) - Special Edition bundle (sold game, kept the instruments)
- Tap Tap Revenge 3 (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge 4 (iOS) (w/ TTR: Metallica's content)
- Tap Tap Revenge Tour (iOS)
[edit | edit source]
Other Guitar Hero games I played included games that are like Guitar Hero, that I currently don't own.
- Band Hero (Demo version; X360)
- Flash Hero (Flash; unplayable on modern Java updates)
- Frets on Fire (Downloadable; PC)
- FoFiX (Downloadable; PC) - Also known as "Frets on Fire X"
- Freetar Hero (Downloadable; PC)
- Guitar Hero (PS2) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero II (PS2 & X360) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero On Tour: Decades (NDS)
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PS2) - Played by friend(s).
- Guitar Hero: Van Halen (X360) - Used to own (as a GH5 promo)
- Tap Tap Revenge (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge 2 (iOS)
- Tap Tap Revenge: Metallica (iOS)
- Guitar Rock Tour (iOS)
- Guitar Rock Tour 2 (iOS)
Guitar Hero skills[edit | edit source]
5-Lane Guitar[edit | edit source]
I am really good at Guitar Hero games. I am better at doing guitar solos rather than guitar rhythms in Guitar Hero like I shred. But in real life, I am a better rhythm guitarist than a lead guitarist. However, I suck at solos in the classic Guitar Hero games since HO/POs are harder to pull off in the earlier games created by Harmonix. This is why I don't play Rock Band games that much.
I currently own a wireless Xbox 360 Rock Band 2 Stratocaster guitar controller (secondary) and a wireless PlayStation 3 Guitar Hero World Tour guitar controller (main), both which I use on PC. My X360 Stratocaster's frets are getting really worn out so I use my PS3 GHWT guitar.
GHL Guitar[edit | edit source]
Took me a week to get used to the Guitar Hero Live controller and the highway setup. Still a bit difficult to master especially in fast guitar solos (where I excel on 5-lead guitar but not on GHL Guitar) but I still stick with Expert.
I currently own a Wii U dongle (for my Wii U as I got Guitar Hero Live for Wii U) and and an Xbox 360 dongle (bought the dongle alone for Clone Hero).
Drums[edit | edit source]
Difficulty: Hard to Expert+
My skills on drums tends to be average. I am not a great drummer but drums are kind of fun. I can get rhythms right but what troubles me are bass notes that goes in between notes. I am not good at hitting the same note really fast with two drums going from red to blue to green or in reverse. It seems hard.
I currently play drums with Rock Band 2 drumkit with Rock Band 3 Pro Cymbals (and I do chart all of my Phase Shift/Clone Hero customs with this drum format).
Vocals[edit | edit source]
Difficulty: Hard to Expert
I am not good at singing, except singing Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica and DragonForce songs since I listen to them a lot. I always do Expert but I usually get 3 stars on songs on Expert all the time. I just make noise in the mic instead of singing because it would be easier for me to stay on pitch. I always thought that vocals was my weakest thing but I do a bit poorly on drums too. Whenever I play a solo band (with an instrument and vocals), I always set vocals to Beginner because it would be easier because it is hard to focus on two screens.
Phase Shift/Clone Hero note charts[edit | edit source]
I also make custom songs for Phase Shift and Clone Hero. They could be played in Guitar Hero III PC (with the plugins created by ExileLord) but I wouldn't recommend it because my songs use advanced note types and instruments.